Wednesday, August 23, 2006

You’ve left your spell in me
You let me taste your magic
And left me like an unfinished trick
Hanging in mid-air
No hoisted stage curtains, no cold steel bed
Nothing to grasp
But the wonder you left linger

My mind spins
Over and over, flashes of that night burst
Over and over, the yearning roars
Like a fire that has just been fed wood
It was only a moment
A moment too long perhaps
But that’s all you needed to have me lost

Lost in your rich tresses
Lost in the texture of your white dress
The way everything brushed on me
My skin tingles
My sense of smell sharp
Even the slightest similarity hints at me
Grips me and holds me in my step
Eyes dart but there’s no you
My eyes…why didn’t it meet yours?
It was burning I know
But yet
Even my gaze was lost
Lost in the swirl of you
And there I am hanging in mid-air again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home